Friday, May 18, 2012

Hård Gubbe

"I took it real relaxed," said Voigt. "Sometimes that's the best way to do it. You're not being stressed at all. After the first two or three kilometres I already saw the first rider ahead of me, I though, OK it took me like 5k to catch that guy, and so I tried to catch the another one as well.

I came to the halfway point and I saw 16:09, and I saw again that 16:10 was the best time, and I thought, Oh, I'm the second fastest. And I know I'm good on the way back with a little bit more wind. Of course then I get my diesel engine to work, and I thought, You know what, just go, just throw it out.

"I felt good, but I surprised myself a little bit too. It's makes me happy. It's no big secret that I'm getting a little bit older. So that's a good feeling, you can say, Hey you know what, the age doesn't got me yet."

Svårt att inte gilla denna gubben ... Läs resten av racerapporten från gårdagens ITT på Tour of California på www.cyclingnews.com

No comments: